New members of all abilities and ages and visitors are always welcome.
No need to sign up as a member before your first time, just come along (arrive at 1:30pm) and have a go and see if it is for you.
We meet at our Clubrooms, at the Petone Recreation Ground, Petone, Lower Hutt – shared with the Petone Cricket Club in the North East corner of the park off Udy Street.
When you arrive, ask to speak to the Club Captain or one of the committee members and we will let you know what is happening that day.
Club uniform is not necessary. Just come dressed comfortably and appropriately to walk/run.
If you want to know more, get in touch with our Club Captain. See the club calendar to know what events and club days are coming up.
The general format for Club Days is as follows:
– Meeting at the Clubrooms from 1:30pm
– Announcements and briefing at 1:45pm (including routes, group leaders etc)
– Walking, Jogging and Running Packs depart clubrooms at 2:00pm
– All groups begin and depart from the Clubrooms unless otherwise stated.
– Approximate 45 to 60 minutes.
– Includes a short jog, drills and other activities to develop fitness.
– Suitable for anyone 15 and over.
– Approx. 60 minutes.
– Conversation pace comfortable for all.
Children’s and Juniors Groups (all under 15s):
– Meet at club rooms, and run on nearby areas.
– Approx 60 minutes.
– Multiple groups to suit abilities.
– Parents are expected to help out where possible, but we will be there to give you guidance.
(Harriers is not a drop off activity, – it is organised and supported by club member and parent volunteers, we generally expect parents and caregivers to support the groups – running is optional however )
Running and Jogging groups (15 years and older):
– Multiple groups at various paces.
– Approximately 60 minutes.
– Routes are confirmed on the day.
– Depending on preferences of members and weather conditions on the day, distance, terrain, and pace varies.
– Can include off road, trails, flats, hills and paved surfaces.