For latest news about Junior Boys & Girls please look under news and information here
HVH has the skills of experienced and highly skilled volunteer junior running coaches.
They will coach and look after all junior runners between 7yrs and 14yrs.
- We want to make the season as interesting as possible for our juniors so this year we will continue with our mystery runs, do some fun stuff, as well as pack runs.
- We will be roping in some of the running parents to help take sessions with the juniors (nothing hard).
- Harriers is generally a social running club but we do have quite a few races during the year- individual and team events, both cross country and road running.
- These races can be as serious as you like but most members race to be a part of a team and to measure themselves against their own goals etc.
- Our club runs are for a training session as a pack ie all runners of the similar ability run together. We will aim to have squads of differing abilities in order to cater for everyone. The pack runs will be between 20-40 minutes long , plus we may do drills and relays, etc.
- Parents – Junior Harriers is not a “drop off” activity. Because alot of our pack runs involve road crossings and kids getting tired we do require parent help/involvement with the juniors. We would appreciate parents being available to their kids just in case they are needed.